The Langstroth hive is the most commonly used system for beekeeping and has remained largly unchanged for the last 150 years. Commercial beekeepers and most backyard beekeepers use this hive. Bindaree hives are Australian-made from plantation timber, and come fully assembled, wax dipped and painted. The timber frames are handmade with stainless steel wire, brass eyelets and beeswax foundations.
The 8-frame complete package includes:
- Two 8-frame timber boxes, box jointed, fully assembled and painted, $85 each
- Timber lid, wax dipped and painted, with Colourbond metal cover, $80
- Timber base, cleats and risers, wax dipped and painted $75
- Handmade timber frames with beeswax foundation (16), $13 each
- Metal queen excluder, $25
- Aerofast hive lock, $22
May also be purchased with a colony of bees for an additional $240. Click here to book bees.