Langstroth hives are the standard rectangular beehives you see everywhere. We assemble and paint all of the hives here. They’re made of plantation grown radiata pine; the timber is 22 mm thick. Frames are handmade, with stainless steel wire, brass eyelets, and beeswax foundation.
In addition to the bees, the Langstroth hive package includes:
- Two 8-frame timber boxes, fully assembled, and painted, $75 each
- Timber lid, with Colourbond metal cover, $70
- Timber base, cleats and risers, $65
- Handmade timber frames with beeswax foundation (16), $11 each
- Metal queen excluder, $23
- Aerofast hive lock, $22
The cost of the hive is $506, and a 4-frame colony of bees, normally $240, is only $190 with the hive package. Total for both hive and bees is $696. The package can be booked with a $50 deposit. When you come to collect your bees they will already be in their new hive.
Bee Colonies and Hive Packages, Bindaree Bee Academy
Includes Art & Science of Beekeeping, Bees, and Complete Hive
Bee Colonies and Hive Packages$50.00
Complete hive package including bees, available from October 2022.