Stay cool in the Australian summers with these specially ventilated suits
- Double layer of lightweight 100% cotton fabric
- 12 x 40mm ventilation holes front
- 20 x 40mm ventilation holes back
- 2 x 40mm ventilation holes on each arm
- Ventilation holes covered with double layer of mesh
- Durable hood with plenty of room and visibility
- Strong nylon zips on legs, front and hood
- Hive tool pockets on both legs
Honey is pure raw energy, produced from hundreds of thousands of flowers and tens of thousands of bees.
In this course, we'll suit up, collect honey frames and bring them into the shed for extraction. We'll go through uncapping, spinning, and filtering of the honey and explain the steps involved in rendering beeswax to produce exquisite hand made candles. We'll demonstrate how to do a health inspection and prepare your hives for winter. Finish with a tasting of honey and mead.
The course is ideal for anyone just starting in beekeeping or wanting to gain more experience and confidence looking after these fascinating creatures. Suitable for adults and older age children. Covers Langstroth, Warre, Top Bar and Flow Hives. It's not necessary to have previously taken the Art & Science of Beekeeping Course.
Starts at 9:00 and finishes at 3:00. Morning tea and lunch are included. We'll do the beekeeping in the morning when it's cooler.
- $129.00For your protection this suit features: removable nylon mesh veil, strong cotton fabric, front and rear pockets, large range of sizes. Click on product name for photo.