Supplied with bees
Nucleus colonies and hive parts can be purchased separately.
21 in stock
The Langstroth hive is the most commonly used system for beekeeping and has remained largly unchanged for the last 150 years. The hive consists of a brood box, lid, base and frames. Bindaree hives are Australian-made from plantation timber, and come fully assembled, wax dipped and painted. The timber frames are handmade with stainless steel wire, brass eyelets and beeswax foundations.
The starter hive includes a nucleus colony, available from about the third week of October through December.
The basic kit includes:
- 8-frame timber box, fully assembled, wax dipped and painted
- Timber lid, with Colourbond metal cover
- Timber base, cleats and risers
- Handmade timber frames with beeswax foundation (8)
- Nucleus colony of bees with new queen
Additional items you will need over the next few months include some form of protective clothing, smoker, hive tool, and a second box for the honey super. The Langstroth starter hive can be used in combination with the Flow Hive system.
Because they have live bees, the starter hives cannot be shipped. You will need to pick them up from the shop.
Can be supplied with bees
If you would like us to supply bees with your Top Bar Hive, they are available for an additional $220.
- $129.00For your protection this suit features: removable nylon mesh veil, strong cotton fabric, front and rear pockets, large range of sizes. Click on product name for photo.